Our Concussion Management Protocol
The Brain Heroes proprietary concussion management protocol ensures that every athlete, no matter what age or level of play, experiences a comprehensive evaluation during the testing and post-concussion phases. Our protocol includes:
1) Baseline testing
2) A medical review of the test to confirm the validity and cataloguing of the test by Brain Heroes.
3) In the event of a concussion:
- We access the athlete’s baseline test.
- A physician evaluates the athlete.
- A consultation with other specialists occurs, if needed.
- An individualized recovery plan is created.
4) Post-injury testing takes place, if indicated.
5) Implementation of a Return-to-Play program is coordinated with the athlete’s coaches and team athletic trainer.
The baseline assessment includes:
- Neuropsychological assessment. The Immediate Post Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing (ImPACT®) test is the most widely used and scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system. These neurocognitive assessment tools and services are medically accepted as state-of-the-art best practices. Measurements include short- and long-term memory, attention and concentration, problem-solving and speech.
- A review and interpretation of the test by a SportsMedSA physician
- Priority scheduling status and accessibility to the Brain Heroes physicians in the event of a head injury.